Hints and Tips
Before the test
- Download free sample ICAS Questions and practice completing the ICAS questions on the answer sheet.
- Practice free mini ICAS Online
- Buy Past Papers
- Purchase Practice Online
- Ensure that you are well rested the night before.
- Eat breakfast.
During the test
- Try to relax and enjoy yourself; too much tension may prevent you from thinking clearly.
- Do not look at the time too often - this reduces your time doing the actual test.
For multiple choice questions
- Make sure you shade in the bubble next to the right question number.
- Read each question carefully and choose the best answer from the options given.
- If you are not sure of the answer, cross out the options you know are wrong and then decide between what is left.
- If you are doing the English paper, read the whole passage before you start answering the questions.
When a difficult question is taking a very long time
- Circle the question so that you can go back to it later.
- Move on to the next question.
- Be careful to record the following answer next to the correct question number. It is easy to get mixed up if you don’t check.
- Go back to the questions you missed at the end if you have enough time.
After the test
- At the end of the test time, check that you haven’t left out any questions.
- If you have done the Writing test, take care to read through your writing again after you have finished and edit your work for errors in expression, spelling and punctuation.
- Remember, it's not the end of the world if you feel you didn't do well this time.