Features and Benefits
Key features of ICAS
- High quality test materials underpinned by methodologies in psychometric measurement and Item Response Theory.
- ICAS papers are skills-based.
- Modern data analysis methods producing reliable information for you to use.
- Comparison of student or school's current performance to previous years.
- Results show the student's relative position in the test population.
- Access to an interactive online reporting system for additional school analysis.
- ICAS now covers Year 2.
- Gain an understanding of where individual students are succeeding and of any areas where they may need more focused and purposeful development.
- Identify patterns of strength and weakness at a whole school, grade and class level that can drive better targeting of teaching programs.
- See how students perform against their peers nationally.
- Track learning as student progress from year to year.
- Identify gifted students and those who may need extra help.
- Experience in large scale examinations.
- Enrich students' portfolios with UNSW certificates and medals.
- Quality full-colour test booklets written by subject experts.
- Answer sheets inserted into the test booklets for easy distribution.
- An administration guide to assist supervising teachers administer ICAS.
- Self-addressed envelopes for returning completed answer sheets for marking.
- Detailed school reports highlighting strengths and weaknesses for each year level.
- Access to online reports and both qualitative and quantitative data which you can analyse and download to provide a detailed picture of students’ current strengths, weaknesses and progress over time.
Each student receives
- An engaging and challenging full-colour test booklet.
- An individual diagnostic report containing detailed diagnostic data highlighting their strengths and areas for improvement.
- Information about individual progress over time.
- Access to online results which can be viewed, analysed and downloaded.
- A UNSW Certificate acknowledging their level of achievement and potentially a University of New South Wales medal.
To find out more please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your in country representative.